Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Concepts

I've seen so many great conceptual images on stock photography sites. Sometimes it's obvious where the thought behind a concept image came from but in other cases one wonders. My favorite concept (my one and only so far) came out of the pile of objects I was shooting in order to learn different settings on my "good ole" Olympus C-765.

I was reading the manual and shooting a variety of objects. The concept ("an idea of something formed by mentally combining all its characteristics or particulars") for my "Diet Dilemma" picture evolved from a pile of puzzle pieces amongst some utensils. It made me think of what a puzzle it is trying to figure out what really is good to eat, what is not really good to eat and all the diets we try throughout our lives.

I had 1000 jigsaw puzzle pieces and ample utensils in front of me "to construct" my concept images. Out of all the images I set up for this concept, the photograph below is my favorite and can be found in my portfolio at 123rf.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors puts perspective on my work. Let me know your thoughts about the post. Thanks.