Sunday, October 3, 2010

Raw File Format

     "The RAW file format is digital photography's equivalent of a negative in film photography" so says the tutorial to which this post is linked.  From my limited black and white dark room photography, I think it is far easier and no "fixer" smell either. 
     I initially began shooting in jpg (jpeg) format with my first digital camera because there wasn't a RAW option. I learned about RAW when I began submitting my photos to stock photography sites.  Once I bought my DSLR (still use the same one) I began using RAW.  I love the diversity it gives me in processing.  Of course, there are pros and cons so you can learn much more from reading the tutorial titled Raw File Format.
Happy Shooting!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors puts perspective on my work. Let me know your thoughts about the post. Thanks.