Monday, October 18, 2010

I Never Mind Reviewing the Basics

I read a lot on photo forums before shooting to upload on stock photography sites. Click here to see my Dreamstime portfolio or here to see the above image at Dreamstime.

     Seems like I'm always in a rush these days and I don't take time to think about the basics in photography. Some people might say they don't need a review but I enjoy the refresher. So I'm trying to remind myself to slow down and consider the basics before I go for a shoot.
     There are ample links online and I enjoy referring to one book that was recommended when I began shooting photographs to upload on stock photography sites.
     Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson  (revised edition) helps me key in on what I'm doing when shooting in manual mode.  The book is now up to a "3rd Edition / Revised and Updated" but I'm not plugging the book but leading you to an article Learning about Exposure ~ The Exposure Triangle by Darren Rowse at Digital Photography School which references the book.
     How often do you review?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors puts perspective on my work. Let me know your thoughts about the post. Thanks.