Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Short and Simple Christmas Wish I Ask Of You That Requires Zero Money

Yes it is Christmas day!  

It is also Wednesday which is my posting day. 

Remember several blog posts back when I talked about not procrastinating in writing for the blog. Well, this is the schedule and I'm sticking to it.

I hope your day is going well and I want to wish you, your loved ones and friends a joyous day filled with warmth and love.

I am also thinking about all the service members serving around the world who will not be with family and friends. I am thinking of their families with an empty space at the table and Christmas gifts under a tree that won't be opened until that loved one returns. If that loved one returns. 

I know there are some in outposts who will not have a wonderful meal like those at larger bases. And yes, I know they volunteered for this service but that will never stop me from being thankful for the service of veterans past and present which allows us to celebrate this holiday today far from their world.

So I offer this YouTube video today titled "A Soldier's Silent Night" that a veteran sent me with his Christmas wishes. I've read versions of the script but I've never seen it put to video. It's a touching piece sharing real people who have real families and friends who will miss sharing this day together. 

I hope you enjoy it and  MY SIMPLE WISH is that you too will keep our service members and their families in your thoughts and prayers today and throughout the year. 



MERRY CHRISTMAS!



4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! What a beautiful thought. ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was one of those posts that was so easy to write since I know where my thoughts are on special days. Thanks so much Kim and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful post! Merry Christmas to you, your family and all our service men and women who aren't with their families at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and your family Jayne. Thank you for taking the time to read this, comment and think of our wonderful service members and their families on this holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from visitors puts perspective on my work. Let me know your thoughts about the post. Thanks.