Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Last Of My Stock Photography Portfolios


Did I ever mention that I maintained several stock photography portfolios for a while? Yes, that is me on my psquared CanStockPhoto stock photography profile page. If you didn't know about my stock photography past, let me share a short story. 



My CanStockPhoto Portfolio

I had several single lens reflex Minolta film cameras, a variety of lenses, filters and other equipment for years. I still remember the smell of the chemical fixer in a makeshift darkroom where I developed black and white film. Unfortunately, after having all my equipment stolen, I was disillusioned and totally abandoned photography. 

Years later when I finally bought into the idea of digital photography, I purchased a simple fixed lenses Olympus camera. It wasn't long before I was hooked again. I appreciated that with digital I wasn't spending money to develop film, I could get instant feedback on the image quality and it was easy to edit a photo on the computer. 

After a couple of years, I purchased a digital single lens reflex Sony camera and decided to try my hand at stock photography. Let me tell you what a humbling experience that became. The initial three stock photography sites I selected were very particular as to the quality of what was acceptable. I wasn't accepted as a submitter on my first attempts. That was a good lesson because it made me scrutinize what I was submitting once I was accepted to those sites. I was accepted to a few more sites in short time. After a few years of filling my portfolios, I was disillusioned with changes these sites were making. 

At that point, I had already started using some of my own work on Zazzle products. I found Zazzle a much more enjoyable way to use and share my photography and digital art. At that point, I decided to collect my payout at each of the stock photography sites and close those accounts to do more with Zazzle. 

This post is to put a focus on my CanStockPhoto portfolio. It is the last of my stock photography accounts that I look forward to closing.  I haven't added any new material to it in several years and wait to reach payout and close it. Yes, it takes a long time (with a small portfolio) to make a payout. 

This blog post is to show it some love and hopefully interest some folks to check out what is still available. I have a total of 444 photographs and fractal digital art in the portfolio of which some is shown below. 

My Stock Photography & Digital Art At CanStockPhoto
Click either image here on the post to see what is available in the portfolio.

If you do visit my Zazzle store "TheAspenStand" you might see a few of these photographs and digital artwork on some of my products. 

If you have any questions on my stock photography experience leave a comment and I'm happy to discuss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments from visitors puts perspective on my work. Let me know your thoughts about the post. Thanks.